January 20, 2009

Homemade Hummus



I've always wanted to make homemade hummus, but I've never gotten around to it. I bought tahini for another recipe, so I decide to take the plunge. I made both regular hummus (which had a healthy amount of garlic) and roasted red pepper hummus.

I used two recipes I found here and here. I might try the peanut butter hummus next...although I'm not sure about that. :)

Ingredients:
-
1 16 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
-1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
-3-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on taste)
-1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
-2 cloves garlic, crushed
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-2 tablespoons olive oil


Ingredients:
1. Drain chickpeas and set aside liquid from can. Combine remaining ingredients in blender or food processor. Add 1/4 cup of liquid from chickpeas. Blend for 3-5 minutes on low until thoroughly mixed and smooth.


That's it! Yum!

No comments: