7 years ago
November 25, 2008
This recipe is easy to remember- everything is measured by two!
-2 cups onions, chopped
-2 large cloves garlic, crushed and diced
-2 T. vegetable oil
-2 cups green pepper, chopped
-2 cups corn
-2 T. soy sauce
-2 15 oz. cans red beans (black beans would also work)
-2 t. hot sauce
-2 t. vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
-2 dashes ground ginger
-2 mangoes, chopped
1. Sauté onion and garlic in vegetable oil on low heat until slightly softened. Stir often.
2. Add green pepper and corn. Turn heat up to medium, and cook for a few minutes.
3. Add spices and beans. Stir to coat and cook until beans are warm.
4. Add mango and stir frequently to heat. Don't overcook the mango- you don't want mango mush!
5. Serve over rice.
The flavors in the stir-fry are subtle, so you can really taste the mango!
These burritos are great because you can make them ahead of time, they're quick and easy, and they microwave very well.
-2 med onions
-3 large green peppers (when they're on sale, I also use red and yellow peppers)
-28 oz. diced tomatoes
-40 oz. beans (kidney, black, or pinto are best)
-6 T. taco seasoning
-2 T. cumin
-grated cheddar cheese
-burrito size flour tortillas
1. Sauté onions and peppers until tender crisp.
2. Add taco seasoning and cumin. Stir to coat.
3. Add tomatoes and beans. Cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
4. Scoop about 3/4 cup of the filling onto a tortilla. Sprinkle shredded cheddar on top.
5. Roll burritos tightly, and place onto a well-greased cookie sheet. Freeze for about an hour on the cookie sheet, until frozen solid.
6. Remove from cookie sheet, and wrap burritos individually in foil or freezer paper.
To reheat the burritos, microwave on high for about 4 minutes, until hot.
Experiment with flavors, adding hot sauce, different veggies, and new spices. Easy and delicious!