7 years ago
January 06, 2009
Tortilla Espanola de Raquel
Don't let the name fool you...this dish is similar to a potato omelet. It requires few ingredients, but a little patience.
-5 cups potato, diced
-1 cup onion, diced
-1 t. paprika
-8 large eggs
-1/8 cup milk (can omit)
1. Mix potatoes, onions, paprika, and a dash of salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet, heat a few tablespoons of oil. Sauté potatoes and onions until well cooked but not mushy. Make sure to stir constantly to prevent the potatoes from sticking.
3. While the potatoes cook, whisk together the eggs and milk in a large mixing bowl. Once the potatoes are done, add them to the eggs and mix well.
4. Add another tablespoon of oil to the skillet, and reheat over a medium high heat. Pour the potato egg mixture in, leveling it out with a spatula. Cook over medium heat, allowing the bottom to set.
5. Once the bottom half of the tortilla has set, use a large dinner plate to either slide the tortilla out of the pan, or invert it completely onto the plate. Your goal is to flip the tortilla over in the pan so the runny side can cook and brown completely.
6. When both sides of the tortilla are fully cooked and browned slightly, you're ready to eat! Allow the tortilla to sit in the pan for a minute or two to firm up completely, and then place on a large plate. Serve the tortilla cut into wedges.
7. Enjoy this dish either hot or cold. It's delicious either way!