7 years ago
November 25, 2008
Easy Freezie Burritos
These burritos are great because you can make them ahead of time, they're quick and easy, and they microwave very well.
-2 med onions
-3 large green peppers (when they're on sale, I also use red and yellow peppers)
-28 oz. diced tomatoes
-40 oz. beans (kidney, black, or pinto are best)
-6 T. taco seasoning
-2 T. cumin
-grated cheddar cheese
-burrito size flour tortillas
1. Sauté onions and peppers until tender crisp.
2. Add taco seasoning and cumin. Stir to coat.
3. Add tomatoes and beans. Cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
4. Scoop about 3/4 cup of the filling onto a tortilla. Sprinkle shredded cheddar on top.
5. Roll burritos tightly, and place onto a well-greased cookie sheet. Freeze for about an hour on the cookie sheet, until frozen solid.
6. Remove from cookie sheet, and wrap burritos individually in foil or freezer paper.
To reheat the burritos, microwave on high for about 4 minutes, until hot.
Experiment with flavors, adding hot sauce, different veggies, and new spices. Easy and delicious!