6 years ago
October 24, 2008
Leek and Potato Soup
This recipe is very simple, easy, and yummy.
-4 small leeks, or 3 large leeks
-2 T butter
-4 cups veg. stock
-3 lbs potatoes, chopped (I used red, but yukon should work too)
1. Wash leeks very thoroughly to remove all the grit, and cut into thin rings.
2. Cook leeks in butter until soft. Do not brown! (Browning the leeks will adversely affect the flavor)
3. Add broth and potatoes. Cook for 20 mins, or until potatoes are completely soft.
4. In a blender, purée half of the soup mixture.
5. Add puréed soup to pot and reheat.