6 years ago
September 05, 2008
Herbed Goat Cheese Crepes with Onion Sauce
-1 cup whole wheat flour
-1/2 cup milk
-1/2 cup water
-1/4 tsp. salt
-2 T. butter, melted
-2 T. fresh chives, chopped
-3.5 oz. herbed goat cheese
-1 T. olive oil
-1 medium onion, sliced
-1 T. sweet white wine
-1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
-2 T water
1. Whisk together the eggs and flour. Slowly whisk in the milk and water until totally combined, and then gradually add the salt, chives, and butter.
2. Lightly oil a heavy pan, and heat on medium high. Pour a 1/4 cup of batter on the pan and swirl batter to thinly coat the pan.
3. Cook crepe until lightly brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes, and then carefully flip. While the other side cooks, crumble about 2 T. of the herbed goat cheese down the middle of the crepe. (Reserve 2 T. goat cheese for onion sauce). When the crepe is fully cooked, roll up around the goat cheese.
4. Place completed crepes on a warmed plate.
5. When the crepes are finished, add the olive oil to the pan. Sauté onion about 1 min.
6. Add wine, balsamic vinegar, and water, then sauté until onion is tender-crisp.
7. Add remaining goat cheese to onions until melted. Mix to coat onions.
8. Pour sauce over crepes, and garnish with chives and goat cheese.