7 years ago
October 01, 2009
Rachel's Stuffed Mushrooms
To celebrate World Vegetarian Day today, I made these stuffed mushrooms for dinner. Yum!
-6 medium portabella mushroom caps, whole
-4 medium portabella mushroom caps, chopped
-small yellow onion, minced
-4 cloves garlic, minced
-1/2 cup walnuts, crushed
-2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
-2 T. olive oil
-1 tsp. coarse salt
-1 T. balsamic vinegar
-1 T. parsley flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Using 1 T. olive oil, coat a baking sheet with oil. Place six whole mushroom caps upside down one the baking sheet, spacing evenly.
3. In a large saucepan, heat remaining 1 T. olive oil on medium heat and add garlic and onion. Stir and sauté garlic and onions until soft.
4. Once the garlic and onions are soft, add the walnuts, spinach, chopped mushroom, salt, vinegar, and parsley flakes. Continue to cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until spinach has wilted down, about 3-5 minutes.
5. Spoon the filling evenly into the mushroom caps, pressing down lightly.
6. Place the filled mushrooms into the preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes.