7 years ago
December 22, 2008
A hearty and easy meal that's sure to please!
-1 clove garlic
-2 large carrots, diced
-2 medium onions, chopped
-1/4 cup celery
-2 cans pinto beans
-2 small cans mushrooms
-14.5 oz diced tomatoes
-15 oz canned corn
-1 can peas
-1/2 t. dried parsley
-1/2 t. marjoram
-8 cups mashed potatoes
-40 oz cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Sauté garlic, carrots, onions, and celery until soft.
3. Add beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, corn, peas, parley and marjoram. Stir well.
4. Turn heat off under pan, and let filling sit.
5. In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper, and add about 2 T. of the parsley flakes.
6. Pour the vegetable/bean mixture into a 9x13 casserole dish. Using a spatula, spread cheesy mashed potatoes over the top, coating evenly.
7. Sprinkle the top with parsley flakes, and put the Shepherd's Pie into the preheated oven.
8. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown.
This recipe is perfect for leftovers, as you can add or subtract the vegetables in the filling, and use up any extra mashed potatoes!